Portsmouth Historic Dockyard is the gateway to 10 amazing attractions covering 800 years of Royal Navy history including HMS Victory, the new HMS M.33, the Mary Rose, HMS Warrior 1860, Action Stations, the National Museum of the Royal Navy plus just a short waterbus ride across the harbour, the Royal Navy Submarine Museum and Explosion and the Royal Marines Museum along Southsea seafront.
Authentic, awe inspiring tales of courage and bravery, historic ships and submarines to be explored, interactive challenges, incredible weaponry and a collection of Tudor treasures are just part of a great big day out for all the family.
During the school holidays visit and take part in free family activities. Book online and save 20% off the All-Attraction ticket which is valid for a year. The All-Attraction Ticket (valid for 1 year) includes entry to:
- HMS Victory: Come on board the world’s oldest commissioned warship and step into the world of Nelson’s Navy.
- Mary Rose: This state-of-the-art museum is home to the remains of Henry VIII’s flagship and an extraordinary collection of artefacts recovered from the sea after 400 years. (Please note the Mary Rose is closed from October 15 to Spring 16 for the final phase of her conservation programme).
- HMS Warrior 1860: The world’s first iron-hulled, armoured warship launched in 1860 and never fired a shot in anger, yet changed naval warfare forever.
- HMS Alliance at the Royal Navy Submarine Museum: Assault your senses by walking on board HMS Alliance - it’s as if she is about to leave for sea.
- National Museum of the Royal Navy Portsmouth: Britain’s official museum dedicated to the men and women of the Royal Navy past and present.
- Action Stations: Action, adventure, thrills and history all under one roof. Dozens of interactive adventures, including one of Britain’s tallest indoor climbing towers, Laser Quest (additional charge applies) and Sky Tykes, a rope course for younger children, giving a taste of the action in today’s Royal Navy.
- Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower: Take the waterbus over to this award-winning museum and step into the dangerous world of arming the Royal Navy from gunpowder to modern missiles.
- Royal Marines Museum: Step into the seriously tough world of the Commando and walk in the footsteps of heroes.
- HMS M.33: The only surviving ship from the First World War’s Gallipoli campaign. Descend into the Georgian dock and marvel at the view of her bow, then step on board and experience the stunning immersive battle experience of the Gallipoli campaign that claimed over 100,000 lives.
- Harbour Tours: A sailor’s eye view of the Historic Dockyard, and the warships of the modern Royal Navy.
Click here to visit the Historic Dockyard >